Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission ( TNPSC ) Combined Civil Services I Syllabus / TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus
Finally, You are there on the right track. We appreciate your initiative to prepare for TNPSC Group 1. In order to help the TNPSC aspirants we have given TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus (Revised) along with Exam Pattern here in TNPSCEXAMGURU. so We request the Candidates to look out the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus carefully & start their preparation according to this new pattern.
Here we are brought TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for the aspirants who are preparing for TNPSC Group I Services (Preliminary / Mains) Examination. The question paper will be set both in Tamil and in English, so candidates can download TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus of both languages in PDF format through online mode. To clear the exam, applicants must have complete knowledge of new syllabus of Group I Services exam. Syllabus of TNPSC Group 1 exam is provided in the below section of this page. Interested candidates have a look and start their preparation according to it
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Prelims – General Studies
Question paper of General Knowledge will contain the following fields. Students have to prepare for each of them, which are given below.
- General Science
- Current Events
- Political Science
- Indian National Movement
- History & Culture of India
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Mental Ability
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Prelims – Aptitude & Mental Ability
These tests are meant to verify the candidate’s capability to draw conclusions through, inductive or deductive reasoning from tables and charts. It will include elementary problems from school mathematics.
- Coding & Decoding
- Data Tables
- Data Interpretation
- Analytical Interpretation
- GCF & LCM
- Ratios & Proportions.
- Simple Interest.
- Compound Interest.
- Time & Work.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Visual Reasoning.
- Alpha Numeric Series.
- Number Series.
- Logical Number.
- Alphabetical Sequences.
- Diagrammatic Sequences.
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Mains – Paper I
- UNIT-I: Modern history of India and Indian culture
- UNIT-II: Social issues in India and Tamil Nadu
- UNIT-III: General Aptitude & Mental Ability (SSLC Standard)
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Mains – Paper II
- UNIT-I: Indian Polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India
- UNIT-II: Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India
- UNIT-III: Tamil Society‐Its Culture and Heritage
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus for Mains – Paper III
- UNIT-I: Geography of India with special reference to Tamil Nadu
- UNIT-II: Environment, Bio Diversity and Disaster Management
- UNIT-III: Indian Economy-Currenteconomic trends and impactof global economy on India